Business Development Rep (BDR) Team Lead
Job Title: Business Development Rep (BDR) Team Lead
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Kinney Group, Inc. (KGI) is an engineering solutions provider harnessing the power of analytics and automation technologies to help customers with their security, cloud computing, and digital transformation. The company is a nationally-recognized, award-winning services and solutions provider specific to the Splunk analytics platform, the global leader for turning machine data into analytical insights for security, IT operations, and observability use cases.
KGI has created a new, disruptive category with Atlas – the Creator Empowerment Platform for Splunk (see https://kinneygroup.com/atlas/). The Atlas subscription offering is disrupting traditional services approaches for deploying and building solutions on Splunk technologies. With Atlas, customers are able to reduce their Splunk operating costs by up to 30% or more, while at the same time radically improving the ROIs associated with investments in Splunk technology. Typical customers pay for their investment in Atlas within 60-90 days via hard-dollar savings achieved by the Atlas software.
The ecosystem of over 22,000 Splunk customers is our market for Atlas. Splunk customers are discovering the power of Atlas and we consistently achieve Net Promoter Scores for Atlas that are in the top 2% of all B2B software offerings. Since the launch of Atlas in early 2021, KGI has consistently seen triple-digit percentage growth of Atlas subscriptions. Additionally, hundreds of global Fortune 1000 companies consume KGI-created content each month to support their Splunk implementations.
The BDR Team Leader will be charged with hiring, developing, and leading a team of Business Development Rep professionals who will lead the way engaging prospects for the Atlas platform. If you are a skilled BDR/SDR professional looking to advance your career, this is a superb opportunity to lead a team that will catalyzed hyper-growth for KGi’s Atlas offering.
As the BDR Team Leader, you will leverage your experience and expertise to help develop highly-effective customer outreach and engagement techniques and processes. KGI equips all members of its Sales Team with a full stack of CRM, automation, and market intelligence capabilities. Additionally, KGI makes full use of contemporary targeted digital marketing and specialized content to support all BDR and sales activities and prospecting.
The BDR Team Leader is initially a “player/coach” position that is specifically targeted at generating opportunities for the Atlas platform. As the BDR team grows, this position will evolve to be solely a leadership role or opportunities to become an Account Executive.
- Capitalize on MQLs to schedule Atlas presentations to prospects
- Execute on targeted account-based marketing to help secure Altas prospects
- Discuss Atlas capabilities and differentiators to secure initial prospect meeting
- Understand how to identify customer needs and align these with Atlas features
- Achieve a basic understanding of Splunk technologies and business drivers
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to optimize outreach messaging
- Manage prospecting data in KGI’s CRM
- Hire, train, manage, and develop new and existing BDR Team colleagues
- Coach BDR teammates on effective email and voice communications
- Collaborate with Account Executives to ensure optimal prospect qualification and hand-off within KGI’s sales process
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years prior successful BDR/SDR experience
- Prior team leadership experience is preferred
- Positive, learning attitude coupled with a growth mindset required
- Hands-on experience with multiple, innovative outreach techniques
- Analytics and results driven
- Competitive drive and willingness to do what it takes to succeed
- Experience with CRM software required. HubSpot experience preferred
- Understanding of BDR best practices, performance metrics, and analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be highly engaging including a sense of humor and ability to connect virtually
- Strong sales aptitude and great cultural attitude are required – commitment to learning and living the Kinney Group culture
- Customer-centric approach to selling and expanding accounts
- Bias to Action in moving closer to your goals every day
- Competitive drive to maximize personal earning potential
The BDR Team Leader role is a wonderful opportunity to lead a team of BDR professionals driving demand for a hyper-growth SaaS offering. KGI is growing and this role can lead to other sales or management positions at the Company. KGI is offering a very competitive compensation plan that is uncapped on incentive commission earnings.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.